Brendan Iglehart, Founder
The man with a van and a plan
- I really wanted to be a mailman when I was 4 years old
- I love traveling - I've been to 43 states and more than 30 countries, and I'm an avid couchsurfer
- Orange is my favorite color
I'm 26 and I started altSTATES in 2017 because I'm passionate about connecting people with the coolest parts of my native Iowa and the surrounding Midwest region.
My life started with a bang when I was unintentionally born in the kitchen of my parents' house (sorry, Mom - I just couldn't wait to get out into the world). I was then raised in Davenport, Iowa, a city located on the mighty Mississippi River. I went to college in Indiana from 2009-2013 and moved to Wisconsin for a job as an IT consultant. Office life quickly wore on me and I quit my job and ended up back in Davenport in late 2017 - I'm a Midwesterner to my core!
If you have any questions about your tour or altSTATES, please let me know. I hope to see you on a tour soon! #vanlife
Holly Block, Intern
Social media guru, tour guide, and much more
- I have had 10 different majors in my path as a student
- I am the only person in my family to attend a 4-year institution
- Coffee is most likely running in my bloodstream
I'm a Quad Cities native, fresh out of Orion, IL. I am currently attending St. Ambrose University pursuing a bachelor's degree with a focus in public relations, advertising, and multimedia broadcasting.
In my free time, I love to spend time with my family (mainly my dog, Cabella) and wander the QC to find new and amazing things within the area.